5 tips for preparing for a cash mob at your business
Cash Mobs are a great way to help you to build a positive reputation in your local community. It’s not about getting a hand-out from local residents it’s about getting to know your neighbors, introducing them to your products and services and sure, making a few sales along the way. Being prepared for the Cash Mob is critical. This is a live event at your place of business and to be effective everything needs to go smoothly.
Here are 5 tips to help you prepare your local business for a Cash Mob.
- Consider rearranging your store. Expect an influx of shoppers, smaller stores should work to maximize floor space to avoid missing out on potential sales. Use vertical space to show off merchandise so you don’t impede foot traffic.
- Offer a variety of products and prices. To best take advantage of a mix of existing and new customers be sure to have a wide variety of products at different price points especially in the $5 to $10 range. Consider offering free samples or demonstrations of interesting or popular products. It’s not necessarily about making the sale it’s about building relationships for long-term growth.
- Have extra staff on hand. It’s wise to bring in a few extra people, especially if you would otherwise only have one or two people minding the store.
- Seize the marketing opportunity. Your local cash mob will likely tweet up a storm before, during and after the event. You should play it up yourself, too, via social media by posting pictures, video and even live streams of your event. Be sure to engage on social media and ask Cash Mobbers to like and follow you online.
- Plan on giving back. Your community is coming out to support you, give back. As part of the promotion of your Cash Mob indicate that part of the proceeds will go towards sponsoring a softball league, holding a fundraiser or a portion of your Cash Mob proceeds will be donated to a local charity. Give back to your community and they will love you for it.
When a Cash Mob is organized well, you’ll see sales increase in both the short-term and long-term. Are you interested in bringing a Cash Mob to your locally owned business? We can help. Visit CashMob.us to learn more.