Being able to write a good press release is an essential piece of PR that should be perfected by any company which is trying to promote itself to the general public. Despite this fact, many companies fail to create great press releases. Although a lot of things go into making a good press release, the first thing which any company needs is a good hook.
What makes a good hook?
Understanding what makes a good hook can help you to write better, more memorable press releases. The most important thing to consider is what makes a story that people are interested in? Things which involve famous or controversial people and places will often attract the attention of readers, as will funny and heart-warming pieces of news.
In the current social, economical and political climate, articles about the environment, green products and organic items will be interesting, as will articles which include tips on saving money, or making more of the money you have available to you. Relating something your business is doing to current affairs is a great way to get the attention of readers.
How to Create a Brilliant Press Release?
- Short and Simple headlines are the most memorable.
- Remember to liberally sprinkle your article with appropriate keywords, to help your press releases to show up on web searches.
- Include a hyperlink to your web store or business, by making some keywords into clickable links.
- Include an eye-catching visual, and display your company logo prominently.
- As well as including a hyperlink, always include a paragraph instructing your reader to visit your store, or explaining how they can take advantage of your special offer, etc.
- Make sure that you introduce your product or service almost immediately. This should be in the first paragraph, because it is the most important information.
- Rather than just listing the main features of your product or service, explain why each feature will be beneficial to the customer.
- Use straight-forward and concise sentences, which are easy to understand. Longer sentences with too many commas detract from your message.
- Include a price in your press release.
- Always include your contact details, so people can contact you to discuss the product or service that you are offering. If one of your members of staff is a specialist in this product or service, name them so that people can get in contact more easily.
- When you email your press release out to the press, make sure that the email file is not too large by compressing the images. Journalists who receive press releases from companies are likely to get a lot of emails, and large email files are often unwelcome.
- Include a summary of your press release in the last paragraph, making sure to mention your product name again. This will help to cement the ideas into the minds of the reader.
Following these tips should help you to write better press releases; however, if you are still concerned that your press releases are not having the desired effect, you should contact a Press Release expert to procure their help.